- This event has passed.
WICHITA NATIONAL CERAMIC INVITATIONAL – Call for Enty!
June 3 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 5:00 pm
“Wichita National Ceramics Exhibition”
October 6 – October 28, 2023
Applications due June 30, 2023
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE:
Call for Entries!
Reuben Saunders Gallery seeks applicants for the “Wichita Ceramics National Exhibition”, a juried group exhibition that seeks to showcase the work of emerging and early-career artists working with clay and to elevate the visibility of ceramics as a diverse and vibrant field.
• Entry is open to regional, national, and international artists 18 years or older working with clay as a primary material, including utilitarian, sculptural, traditional and/or experimental work.
• All submitted pieces must be original artworks made by the applicant within the last
• All submitted pieces accepted for the exhibition must be for sale.
JUROR: Chotsani Eliane Dean – Artist and Assistant Professor of Ceramics at the University of Minnesota. Born in Hartford, CT, Chotsani received her BFA in Ceramics from Hartford Art School and Master’s of Fine Arts from Sam Fox School of Art at Washington University in St. Louis.
•1st Place: $1500
•2nd Place: $1000
•3rd Place: $500
•Red Lodge Clay Center Award: “Residency Award” for a two-week residency scheduled in the following year! This residency includes housing and an additional $1,500 stipend to offset standard residency costs. Please see https://www.redlodgeclaycenter.com/residency-info/short-term-artist-in-residency/ for general information about RLCC residencies.
• Entry fee: $10 for three (3) entries; a set of pieces may be submitted as a single entry.
• Multiple views may be submitted for each entered piece or set.
• All entries must be submitted through the “Call for Entries” on Artcall.org
• Submission deadline: June 30, 2023
• Notifications begin: July 17, 2023
•Artist confirmation deadline: July 31, 2023
• Shipments/deliveries of work: Sept 1-15, 2023
• Opening reception: October 6, 2023
• Exhibition on display: October 5 – 28, 2023
• Return shipments begin: October 30, 2023
Terms and Conditions:
•Exhibiting artists agree to donate two (2) bowls
• Reuben Saunders Gallery reserves the right to exclude any incomplete or
incorrect submissions from the jury process.
• Reuben Saunders Gallery reserves the right to exclude from exhibition any works
that arrive at the venue in unstable or damaged condition, or that differ from the
submitted entry images or information.
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• Accepted artwork may not be withdrawn prior to the closing date of the exhibition.
• Artists agree to allow the Reuben Saunders Gallery to use images of their artwork in
• Artwork left at the gallery for more than 90 days following the closing of the exhibition
will become the property of Reuben Saunders Gallery. Reuben Saunders Gallery reserves the right to sell,
donate, or dispose of abandoned exhibition artwork.
Sales of Artwork:
• Artwork accepted for the exhibition must be for sale.
• 50% of sales are retained by the artist. 50% will be retained by Reuben Saunders Gallery with 25% sales commission for each piece sold to be donated to Empty Bowls Wichita and the other 25% retained by the Gallery.
Shipping and Delivery:
• Artists are responsible for all shipping, delivery, and insurance costs for accepted
artworks to exhibition venue.
• Reuben Saunders Gallery will assume responsibility for return shipping of unsold works.
• All accepted entries must be in sturdy, reusable packaging such as boxes or crates,
even those that are hand-delivered. Artists should follow standard double-boxing
procedures for shipping fragile work.
• Reuben Saunders Gallery is not liable for any damage or loss incurred in transit.
• Any claims on shipping damage must be reported by the artist to the carrier upon
receipt. Artists must retain all original packing materials for inspection by the carrier
until the claim is resolved.
• All works must be display ready, any hanging devices or special hardware needed for installation are the responsibility of the artist.
• Crated or boxed works must be able to pass through a standard single doorway.
• Settlement for any artworks damaged in transit will be the responsibility of the artist and
• All works must be shipped by the specified shipment deadline, or they may be
excluded from the exhibition.
• Artists agree to coordinate any hand-delivery and/or hand-pickup of artworks with Reuben Saunders Gallery.
Items must be shipped to arrive at the gallery no later than Friday, September 15, 2023.
Reuben Saunders Gallery
3215 East Douglas Ave.
Wichita, KS 67218
About the Gallery:
A welcoming hub for art appreciators and collectors, Reuben Saunders Gallery is an integral part of Wichita’s art scene, bridging artists and the creative community regionally and nationally. Founded by Reuben Saunders in 1978, our gallery is a go-to destination for Wichita’s First Friday art walks. Known especially for consigned and estate art, we proudly present diverse offerings of artists, representing a broad range of genres and media types.
Trish VanOsdel, Co-Owner and Gallery Director at Trish@reubensaundersgallery.com